Friday 3 March 2017

Lockhart's Light Hold Pomade review


Today, I'll be continuing my review on another Lockhart's pomade that I bought during Black Friday last year. This is Lockhart's Light Hold Pomade.



Packaging


Lockhart's Light Hold pomade comes in a silver 4 oz tin with white labels. Looks pretty much the same as the medium, just with different colours. It may look simple, but it's still really clean and classy. Just like the medium that I got, this one was also filled to the brim.




Scent

The official scent for the light is cinnamon and clove. I've never smelled it personally, but seeing how there's cinnamon in it I'm fairly certain that I won't be over the moon about how it'll smell. That's why I bought mine in Irish cream. It has a really strong and sweet vanilla-type scent and it packs a punch. I didn't know it at first, but people actually told me that it smells exactly like Baileys.




 


Application

Scooping out the product takes little to no effort. Even vaseline is harder to scoop out compared to this. It's really sticky and creamy and breaks down into nothing. Goes into your hair just the same. Expect no tugging or pulling whatsoever.



Slickness

This being a light hold, you can expect this to be nothing but pure slick and grease. Combs through with absolute ease.



Control

Being a greasier and slick product, I will admit that I have some slight trouble styling my hair with it. Nonetheless, I can still get great shape with the pomade. Despite it being a light hold I can also slick down my sides really well in place.



Strength

Light, but dense. Definitely has a better hold compared to other light holds out there in the market.



Shine

Amazing shine. Nuff said.


 


Durability

Despite it being a light hold, it can still take a pretty good beating. Of course it's not gonna stay completely in place especially on a hot sunny day, but restyling is definitely manageable. The product still retains enough hold and slickness to be restyled.

Washability

2-3 showers with shampoo.

Price-point

As I mentioned previously in the Lockhart's Medium review, it was about $30 SGD ($21.26 USD). Once again, pricey but this is a custom scent after all. Easily worth the price for an amazing scent.


Verdict

I've said this multiple times; I hardly use light hold pomades as a standalone product. Lockhart's Light still manages to keep my hairstyle looking pretty good despite the stubborn nature of my hair. And when paired with a heavy or with buildup, it works even better. It helps to give you an added control over a good waxy foundation. Not forgetting the shine, of course. Overall I just think it's a really great product. If you've never tried a light hold, you may just want to consider this one.

Click here to visit Lockhart's on their online store

No comments:

Post a Comment