Saturday 26 November 2016

Mister Pompadour Peppermint Pomade review


I was out window shopping a couple of months back and stumbled upon the Mister Pompadour Peppermint Pomade. I didn't really know too much about the product at the time (which was a mistake that I will get into later) but I knew that Mister Pompadour was a brand that's fairly well known and has a huge following behind them. I figured, "What the hell", and just paid the cashier for a tub.



Packaging


The Mister Pompadour Peppermint Pomade comes in a 2 oz plastic tub. Small, I know.




Scent

As the name suggests, it has a peppermint scent on it. The smell reminds me of a cheap mint candy. It's not bad, but it's not the best mint scent out there.



 


Application

The product has one the most peculiar consistencies I've faced so far. It feels like a slightly more diluted toothpaste. Really soft and slightly tacky. Scoops out and breaks down with absolute ease. Definitely zero tugging and pulling faced when I use this.



Slickness

The pomade is really slick and has a greasy feel to it without being a petroleum product. Expect your comb to fly through your hair like a breeze. 



Control

Being a light hold product, you're not gonna get the best control. Personally, I feel that this pomade is more for keeping your hair generally out of your face. It retains your hair's natural manneurisms while keeping it neat. Don't expect to get higher than average height from this.



Strength

While the product and many others say the Peppermint Pomade has a medium hold, I beg to differ. I'm pretty certain it is a light hold. While I can't get volume out of it, it does a decent job of making my hair look clean and neat.



Shine

The shine is killer on this. Definitely more than average.


 


Durability

Despite being a water-soluble light hold pomade, it can actually last through the day better than you'd expect. Does it retain it's shape well? No. Restyling is definitely required when you use the Peppermint Pomade. That aside it endures the heat pretty well, I've sweat while using the product multiple times and it still stays in there well enough for me to style with.

Washability

One wash with water is all it takes. No build up left behind. Being a product free of parabens, alcohol and sodium chloride, it actually leaves your hair feeling nourished and soft. Easily one of the best qualities about the pomade.

Price-point

I bought this for $30 ($21.01 USD). Yup, a 2 oz tub for $30. Sounds absolutely bonkers, but it is what it is.


Verdict

I will be completely honest. When I first bought the Peppermint Pomade and tried it, I thought it was absolute crap. I bought this thinking it was a gel pomade as it was advertised as a water soluble product, but I was completely mistaken. I still have trouble defining the product as a pomade in the conventional sense till this day. I personally feel that the product is falsely advertised, and I was furious at that fact for several months.

However after spending more time using the Peppermint Pomade, I've come to realise that it has it's uses. Firstly, it makes for a great topper when paired with a really waxy heavy hold pomade. Secondly, the "pomade" works much better with buildup from other products because you have that foundation leftover in your hair. And lastly, it makes for a great option for those lazy days where you don't wanna spend too much time toying with your mop. It washes out easily so you don't have to worry about degreasing, and it even makes your hair feel healthier. If you're looking for a light hold product that's easy to wash out, this is the one for you.

So moral of the story? Do your research before buying a product. It seriously helps you from wasting money and can help you on making a sound decision.

Click here to buy Mister Pompadour's Peppermint Pomade on their online store

No comments:

Post a Comment