Tuesday 1 November 2016

GetZgy.SG Lion City Pomade review



Being in a small country like Singapore, it's hard to find pomades that are made locally. When I found out my buddy, Matin, started his own line of hair products I knew I had to check it out. GetZgy.SG has a few products to offer, from gel pomades to clays. Today we're going to take a close look at one of their water based products; the Lion City Pomade.



Packaging


GetZgy's Lion City Pomade comes in a 4 oz plastic container. They used to come in 3.5 oz metal tins and as much as I prefer those, these new tubs do feel more practical. If the lion graphic on the lid doesn't give you a Singaporean vibe, then I don't know what will.




Scent

It's supposed to have a fresh citrus scent on this, but I'm gonna be completely honest. I can't smell much of anything on the product. I get light whiffs of a clean scent if I smell the tub really hard, but once it goes in my hair I can barely smell it. Doesn't bother me though.





 Application

The pomade feels just like your average gel pomade when you use it. Feels really sticky when you're breaking it down in your hands. Going into my hair did pull out a few hairs so I'd recommend applying the product into damp hair.



Slickness

Once again, the product feels like you're using most gel pomades. Everything slicks down nice and tight. However, you lose quite an amount of slickness throughout the day the more you restyle your hair.



Control

The best quality about this pomade in my opinion is the fact that it doesn't harden or dry up in your hair. When styling, it feels just like you're using a gel pomade but without having to rush doing your hair before it stiffens. Control with this product is very predictable which is a great characteristic with gel pomades.



Strength

You get a nice firm hold with the product. Due to the fact that it doesn't harden up you do lose a bit of height throughout the day, but it still retains enough hold for you to style with.



Shine

A nice, medium shine when you use it. Gets more matte as hours pass. Nothing out of the ordinary with gels.




Durability

This stuff was made to last the asian heat and it does that really well.  It does dry up in terms of slickness, but it doesn't harden up which makes restyling with the product manageable. You will feel it stiffen up just a little if you're sitting in an air-conditioned space for hours, but it still stays soft enough for you to run a comb through it.

Washability

One wash is all it takes. You don't even need to shampoo.

Price-point

$20 SGD ($14.66 USD). Definitely affordable for the common man.

Verdict

Now I'm not the biggest fan of gel pomades, don't even get me started. But to have one that doesn't harden up is definitely a plus in my book. The GetZgy Lion City Pomade is able to endure the heat, and washing it out doesn't leave your hair feeling dry and dead. This is definitely a hair product for the average Singaporean man. Even if you're not from around here, I suggest you give this pomade a go.

Click here to visit GetZgy.SG on their Carousell page

No comments:

Post a Comment