Thursday 17 November 2016

Kustom Kreeps Monster Attack Hair Pomade review




Two years ago, I noticed an uprising in people using pomades. At the time I was still sporting long hair, so obviously I had no idea what a pomade was. Intrigued, I began browsing an online store from a local barber to see what the fuss was all about. That's when I stumbled upon the Kustom Kreeps Monster Attack. The label on the tin looked so gorgeous that I just had to buy it and check it out for myself.



Packaging


The Kustom Kreeps Monster Attack comes in a 4 oz metal tin. As mentioned before, the label is pure eye-candy. The green looks absolutely stunning.




Scent

It has a mint scent on it. The smell of the mint isn't as sharp and strong as other mint scents, but it's still pleasant. It's really smooth and soft and is able to retain it's scent throughout the day.



 


Application

The pomade is really easy to scoop out and break down. It's not a waxy medium hold, so expect it to feel really greasy especially once it's in your hair. There's barely any tugging and pulling when you use this pomade.



Slickness

As I've mentioned earlier, this stuff is greasy. Easily the greasiest pomade I currently have. Offers really great slickness. 



Control

Due to the nature of the product, you can get really great control with the pomade but it will take a bit of getting used to if you're not good at working with medium holds. I find that it doesn't hold down my sides and cowlick too well, but I get that problem with most pomades either way.



Strength

I believe that this really is a medium hold. It's not too light so I can still get great height. Has a really well balanced strength to pull off great looking pomps.



Shine

Has a medium but excellent shine.


 


Durability

Being a greasy medium hold, I do find that my hair will sag and get a little looser around the sides as the day goes by. But it's nothing a little restyling can't fix. Sure, you can say it's a hassle but I feel that's part and parcel of using oil based pomades. Especially with mediums and lights. It can endure the heat realtively well and as long as I can still style a decent pomp throughout the day, I say that's a win for the product. 

Washability

The first wash will still leave a pretty greasy buildup which isn't the best characteristic of the pomade. 2-3 washes should be able to get everything out.

Price-point

I bought this on The Panic Room's online store for $28 SGD ($19.76 USD). Most pomades here go for that price, so I don't have much to complain about it.


Verdict

When I first bought the Kustom Kreeps Monster Attack, I didn't really know what to make of it. It took me a while to get used to the nature of oil based pomades. After two years of familiarising myself with things, I can say that this product isn't too bad at all. While you can get many other better medium hold oil based pomades out there, I still think this is a pretty decent product. The scent is great, I can get a really slick and shiny hairdo going and the label on the tin looks rad as hell. I'm definitely not getting another one once mine runs out, but I'm glad that this was the pomade I started out with.

Click here to buy Kustom Kreeps Monster Attack on The Panic Room's online store

No comments:

Post a Comment