Sunday 29 October 2017

Jadioc The Topper review


It's about time the Jadioc reviews came full circle. We're gonna look at the third product from their line, The Topper. This is a firm hold orthodox water-based pomade, unlike Black Jacket which was their strong hold pomade. Is there really any difference between the two? Let's just dive in and find out.



Packaging


Just like the other two, The Topper comes in a black 5.3 oz plastic tub packaged in the same windowed box. Label on the lid features a man with a monocle and a top hat, the Jadioc logo and side labels feature the familiar directions and ingredients list. Overall packaging is fairly simple, but it does a good job presenting itself.




Scent

Once again, The Topper also comes in a perfume scent. It's not the same scent as Black Jacket or The Preppy, and it's actually rather pleasant. Still smells like a cheap cologne, but it's not off-putting either.




 


Application

This pomade scoops out just like most gel-type pomades. Feels like a jelly and breaks down like a tacky goop. Goes into your hair with some tug and pull, so do apply in smaller amounts at a time or go in damp hair if you need to.



Slickness

The product combs through reasonably easy. It's not incredibly sticky so some stray hairs require a little more attention to be put in place.



Control

Styling with this pomade feels like a typical gel-pomade, though I've found that The Topper does not harden up very quickly. It gives me plenty of time to work with the product and I really appreciate that quality.



Strength

It does feel slightly less strong compared to Black Jacket, but it's a very minor difference to me. The lack of hold gives way to being able to style a more better overall hairstyle. Something I'd much rather have over sheer strength.



Shine

Starts off with a medium shine that dulls down, as expected.


 


Durability

Although slowed down, this pomade still hardens up eventually. Though I have to stay, it doesn't get incredibly crusty and even has some slight bounce to it. You'll definitely still need to wet comb if you want to restyle, but I like how it doesn't feel too hard in my hair. As expected, it also won't have much of an issue holding up in hot weather.

Washability

Just like the rest, just one rinse is all you need. My hair doesn't feel completely lifeless after washing it out, but I usually follow up with a conditioner or hair tonic just for reassurance.

Price-point

Once again, local resellers sell it at an average price of $18 SGD ($13.24 USD). A solid price for the amount you get.


Verdict

To sum up Jadioc as a brand, it's pretty safe to say that their products are fairly basic. I thought Black Jacket was kinda alright and I disliked The Preppy. However I have to admit, I don't feel the same way about The Topper.

Yes, it's still a white-label gel pomade with minor differences to Black Jacket. Those small differences however make me like it better. I appreciate how it doesn't harden up as fast and it gives me plenty of time to style my hair. It does lack some strength, but it makes way for a better overall hairstyle and gives nicer, less blocky shape. I personally prefer the scent on this one as well. I do wish that it could harden up a bit less and that I could get away with a bit more hold.

Either way as much as I'm not overly impressed by The Topper, it's still a gel-type pomade that I don't loathe. That itself, is an achievement. Out of the three Jadioc products, it's no secret that this is the one that I can safely recommend people. It's cheap, it's pretty good and it will definitely serve you well enough on a budget. If you're in the market for a decent water-based pomade, Jadioc's The Topper is a pretty good option.

Click here to visit Jadioc on their Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment