Saturday 1 July 2017

Genggam Pomade Monopomp review


Today, I've got another Malaysian pomade to show you guys. This was sent to me by Df from Genggam Pomade. They currently have two products under their belt but for now, we're gonna have a closer look at their UWB pomade. This, is Monopomp.



Packaging


Monopomp comes in the usual 3.5 oz amber glass jar with a black lid; the common standard for Malaysian home brews. The label has the Monopoly motif throughout. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the design but it's clean, simple and it works.




Scent

The pomade comes in an iced lemon tea scent. Smells somewhat accurate, though it reminds me of instant iced lemon tea. Has that very artificial, sort of powdery scent to it. It is rather nice and I do enjoy it to a certain extent.




 


Application

Scooping out the pomade is actually pretty easy and has a creamy feel to it. However the tack and thickness comes in once you start breaking it down. Makes applying into your hair a bit tougher with some tugging and pulling, but nothing too overbearing. Apply into damp hair if you must.



Slickness

It combs through pretty thick and has some resistance to it, but it gets easier once you comb through a few times. It also lacks some stickiness so I do notice some strays around the sides and back.



Control

It has a nice dense feel to it but it's not heavy in terms of weight. I can easily style my hair, get good height and it'll feel sturdy in place. You get great styling capabilities with this pomade.



Strength

It walks the line between being a firm and a heavy. The weight of it helps you get the height while the density helps you uphold it throughout the day.



Shine

Like most heavier holding UWB pomades, it has a low to matte shine.

 


Durability

Being an UWB pomade, it definitely has no issue enduring hot and humid weather. It also retains most of it's hold throughout the day. The lack of slickness does mean that I find a few strays popping up every now and then, but it's nothing that a quick recomb can't fix. Being slightly more dryer in nature, it also gives you the option to finger comb throughout the day to provide you with more versatility.

Washability

It'd take about 1-2 showers with shampoo to fully cleanse your hair from the pomade.

Price-point

Including shipping to Singapore, Monopomp costs $24 SGD ($17.28 USD). Shipping costs will vary according to where it's being mailed to, but overall I still deem it to be fairly affordable.

Verdict

How I feel about Monopomp is pretty similar to how I usually feel about other heavier holding UWB pomades. I appreciate the convenience of these products and they tend to give me fantastic end results. However, I always find them lacking the slickness that I need for my hair type. I do understand that it's just a typical quality that you get from a firm or heavy UWB pomade. It's also a reason why I tend to steer towards OB pomades. That aside, I still think that this is a really good pomade. It's got a unique scent, styles really well and has the endurance to put up with the weather here.

It goes without saying that I do recommend this to people looking for an affordable pomade that can endure hot and humid weather. Get yourself a jar of Monopomp, or you might go to jail.

Click here to visit Genggam Pomade on their Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment