Sunday 29 January 2017

GetZgy.SG Classic Pomade review


Apologies for the long absence in reviews. Today I've decided to take a look at another GetZgy.SG product; the Classic Pomade. Their Classic Pomade is one of the first products that they put out and have gone through several reformulations and packagings. The one I currently own is the latest version of it and let's take a closer look at the product shall we?



Packaging


GetZgy.SG's Classic Pomade comes in a 4 oz plastic tub, much like the Lion City Pomade. As mentioned in that review, they used to come in 3.5 oz tins and while you get more with these new tubs I personally prefer metal tins. Nonetheless, these are still practical and does the job well.




Scent

The scent is Fanta Grape and it is absolutely spot on. I really like it a lot, but I could imagine people getting a bit turned off by it. It is fairly prominent and if you're not a fan of Fanta Grape or grape scents, this might not be the one for you. The previous edition of the Classic Pomade came in a Hugo Boss scent, though I very much prefer the grape scent.




 


Application

The application is just as expected. It scoops out and breaks down just like most gel pomades; easy, gummy and tacky. Has a really sticky quality to it. I highly recommend applying this is damp hair as I experience a fair amount of tugging and pulling with the pomade. That'll also help give you a few extra minutes when it comes to styling as it dries up pretty fast too.



Slickness

The Classic Pomade doesn't have the best slickness, especially when the product starts to dry up in your hair. Best to keep a wet comb handy when you're using this product.



Control

Has really predictable control just like any other gel pomade. It will go where you want it to go, though it's relatively harder to get a more natural shape.



Strength

As a strong holding gel type pomade, it's no surprise that this will yield great strength. You may not get the most natural looking pomp, but I've gotten really amazing height when using the Classic Pomade. Once it sets in, it'll pretty much stay that way throughout the day.



Shine

Starts off shiny, gets matte when your hair dries up. No shock there.


 


Durability

The product holds up in the heat without any problem. Despite me having issues with the pomade when it comes to it's styling qualities, I cannot deny the endurance it has when it comes to Asian weather. It stays in place remarkably well. Although it's no surprise that wet weather is a completely different story when you use this pomade.

Washability

One wash, no shampoo needed. A quality you cannot beat when it comes to orthodox water based pomades. It also doesn't make my hair feel thin and straw-like after washing out the product, so that's a definite plus point.

Price-point

You can get the GetZgy.SG Classic Pomade for $20 SGD ($13.97 USD) on their Carousell page. A pretty close price to Suavecito, but the Classic Pomade performs way better in most aspects compared to Suavecito. Need I say more? 


Verdict

GetZgy.SG is a men's hair product brand that I really pay close attention to for various reasons. The owner is an old friend of mine, they're local and most importantly they make great products that appeal to the Singaporean men's grooming market. I've looked at several of their products up to this day and will continue to do so as they have plenty of products coming out that have great potential. However, the Classic Pomade is something that I find to be fairly average at best. While it is a good gel pomade, I feel that you can only go so far when it comes to making a good gel pomade. There's many other options out there in the market for water based pomades that don't dry up. Nonetheless, I still think the GetZgy.SG Classic Pomade is a good and affordable gel pomade and I highly recommend people, especially other Singaporeans, to choose this over Suavecito. I don't believe in supporting local products. I believe in supporting good local products.

Click here to visit GetZgy.SG on their Carousell page

No comments:

Post a Comment